Junction City High School is a military connected 6A school that prepares students to become successful citizens by developing relationships and incorporating relevance and rigor into the curriculum. JCHS is a national model high school organized around the concepts of smaller learning communities. The school offers four academies: Business Information Technology (BIT), Science Engineering Technology (SET), Fine Arts/Human Service (FAHS), and the Freshman Success Academy (FSA). The JCHS Career Academies are structured around the 16 nationally recognized Career Clusters. Students are provided a wide variety of opportunities for participation in interscholastic athletics and activities. As the local high school proudly serving the Fort Riley Army community, Junction City High School also offers an Army JROTC Program. The Junction City community supports JCHS through over 150 formal business and education partnerships.
- Graduation rates rose 8% from 2015 to 2016.
- Highest number of senior internships since the implementation of the academy structure.
- JCHS Way Forward and the JCHS Steering Committee; their work towards the Board of Education recommendation.
- Implementation of HP 1012’s and the 1:1 initiative; Technology Innovation and the use of Schoology as a tool for learning.
School Improvement Goals
Junction City High School will ensure students will learn high quality, Kansas College and Career Ready content-integrated strategies.
Junction City High School will maintain a college and career ready learning culture in a safe learning environment.
Site Council consisted of fifteen members. This council met four times throughout the year and discussed 1:1 devices, the JCHS Way Forward, KESA and Accreditation, School Start Times, Bond Election, Math and Science, and more.
What’s Unique About JCHS?
- Internship program, job shadowing
- College courses offered during the regular day program on campus and at Cloud County Community College
- Career cluster seminar to support students’ growth in college and career readiness
- JCHS offers numerous Advanced Placement courses, providing students the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school
- Industry-based certifications in many programs, including automotive, welding, ServSafe, EMT, CNA, and more
- Student 2 Student seminar for new and military students transitioning into the high school from another school system
- Military Family Life Counselors
- Boys & Girls Golf
- Cross Country
- Boys & Girls Soccer
- Boys & Girls Tennis
- Boys & Girls Basketball
- Boys & Girls Swimming
- Boys & Girls Track
- Athletic programs consistently make State appearances
Average score of 20 over the past 5 years
- Choral Music
- National Honor Society
- Scholars Bowl
- Audio & Video Club
- Blue Jay Pride
- Environmental Club
- German Club
- Spanish Club
- Student 2 Student
JCHS Supports These 12 Career Pathways
- Health Science
- Production (Welding)
- Mobile Equipment (Auto)
- Business Finance
- Restaurant/Event Management (Culinary)
- Web and Digital Communication
- LPSS (Law, Public Safety, Corrections and Security)
- A/V Communication
- Early Childhood Development
- Courses are developed out of these pathways based on student interest and current industry needs.